The gorgeous Emma chased me round the playground and tagged me to take part in this Procrastinating Beauty Blogger tag, so without further ado lets get started and get some questions answered.
1. Copy and paste these ‘rules’ into your post when you write it!
2. You must state that this tag was created by Laura from The Beau Bow.
3. You must thank the person who tagged you at the start of your post, follow them if you’re feeling nice and at the end of your post state who you tag, and comment on their blog to let them know you tagged them.
4. Title this post ‘The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger TAG’ .
5. Have fun! :)
1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.
I’m the most guilty of not body exfoliating/moisturising regularly enough, yet complain that my skin is dull and dry. It isn’t that I can’t be bothered, I just hate the feeling of moisturisers on my skin as they don’t soak in properly (I have skin like leather, apparently) and I’m left feeling like a sticky mess all day.
2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?
I try to do it regularly but could probably do it more so. I currently go for 3-4 times a month and it’s usually on a Sunday night as part of a “new week” ritual. I’m such a weirdo, I love washing my makeup brushes more than I probably should do.
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
About a second, I’m the most anal chipped nail varnish person in the world. If ones goes, they’re all going with it. This can be by one of two methods, removed like a good beauty blogger with nail polish OR I’ll grossly sit and peel each nail of polish off one by one until they’re all matching again. Lovely.
4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it? (i.e purchasing a new topcoat, or a new foundation etc.)
To be honest, if I run out of a nail polish or a mascara I’ve usually got one in my treasure trove of products that I can go to. Products like foundation or concealer that are quite specific, I have to repurchase immediately (nobody needs to be seeing my face without foundation)
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
Not moisturising enough, not washing off my makeup after a night out (its only recently I’ve gotten bad at this! I’ve got an emergency stash of face wipes under my bed now for lazy/drunk nights) peeling nail polish off my nails and ruining my nails, not resisting the urge to squeeze spots… I have a few. Sorry world.
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
Dishes. I hate doing dishes. I can quite happily use every single piece of kitchen ware until I run out, buy some paper plates, use all of them and THEN maybe I’ll wash the dishes. Its just so long winded and boring and everythings dirty and messy…eurgh.
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not?
If I’m going on a “night out” disco disco party party, then no. I like to take my good old time and well and truly pamper myself and spend about an hour doing one eye (I’m over reacting) – I am notoriously bad for this to the point where my friends are like “we’re going out at 9, its now 5. You should start getting ready now else we’ll be late.” I’m just going to work however, I can apply a full face of make up in around 15 minutes.
8. Can you commit to spending bans?
Not a chance, next question…
9. How organized is your makeup and nail polish collection?
Hmmm pretty organised. I have my nail polishes all in a turquoise glass jar in my kitchen (I like to paint my nails in the kitchen and I like having them close to hand) and my makeup is split into a bag of stuff I use on a daily basis and then baskets of eyeshadows, face products, lipsticks – but then there’s also random bits and pieces floating around my house.
10. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?
Back in the beginning of Ginger Girl Says I could go over a month because I didn’t have the time to commit to it properly, now I blog usually once a week. If not twice a week.
Hope that was vaguely interesting? Now I need to tag some people!